Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Snakes on a Plane Record Release

Snakes on a Plane Red Carpet
Last night was so amazing I can hardly contain myself. So many awesome bands from the soundtrack came out and played and had a good time.

The night started off with The Sounds. They were surprizingly fun. I'm not a fan of their new album, but Maya appeared to be wasted and very amusing to watch. They also sang Hit Me, which is one of my favorites from the old album.

After the Sounds, Gym Class Heroes played an "accoustic" set. I guess to them accoustic means "seated." Who really cares anyway because I love them and they were awesome. Not as awesome as Warped Tour. (I suspect Travis had been "celebrating" a bit.) But it was still a treat to see them. Then Patrick Stump from FOB came out and performed Cupid's Chokehold with them. I think everyone realized something was definintly going on at that point.

I guess I was a little disappointed when Jack's Mannequin came out to perform next. I take it back. They are my new sad music. Unfortunately, I didn't want to be sad last night!

My mood quickly brightened when FINALLY William Beckett appeared to do a solo accoustic set. OHMYGODHEISSOHOT! Anyway, it was just beautiful William on the stage alone singing songs like Slow Down, which Travis McCoy (GCH) came out and almost ruined, but I forgive him because he's so damn adorable. This was actually very cool because The Academy Is... is done touring and this was like the absolute last chance to hear William sing for a very long time (unless you maybe know him or something...).

As sad as I was about William's departure from the stage, I was still super excited to see Cobra Starship. I know most people write them off as a joke band, but I think it's a big deal for Gabe Saporta to go from a band like Midtown to a dance pop band. He didn't take himself too seriously, but I know he was into what he was doing. Cobra Starship really had their dance on with a keytar playing hot girl and everything, including Gabe sporting sexy, tight, white pants. Yeah, I was looking. What are you going to do about it? Huh? Of course the finale was Snakes on a Plane. The entire cast of the song came out to perform their parts. It was probably the only chance ever for anyone to see that and I am grateful to have been there. But that wasn't the biggest surprize of the night, believe it or not...

The whole night everyone kept talking about a surprize after Cobra Starship. What could this surprize possibly be? Hmmmm... Patrick Stump had already performed with GCH and everyone spotted Pete Wentz in the VIP section. Yes, indeed, FALL OUT BOY PLAYED AT THE KEY CLUB! I was elated. I got to here Dance, Dance live for the first time at an intimate (but rock-worthy) venue. This was truly a gift to the fans. Fall Out Boy is in LA recording, so they weren't expected to be playing any shows any time soon. I'm just happy because: 1. I finally saw Pete and 2. I got to pop my FOB cherry at the Key Club instead of somewhere lame like Long Beach Arena.

I'm sure everyone had a good old time at Pete's house after, but I was too tired to stay out. I'll be asking around for gossip, though...

3 Comments:

Blogger JAX said...

Girl me and you need to get together...cuz William Beckett Sigggggggh. I saw Fall Out Boy play at the Knitting Factory 3 yrs ago.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Drunk Groupie said...

Yessss! William is so beautiful. We need to hang out and talk about how beautiful he is. The thing is, I hated FOB for so long, I didn't really deserve to get to see them at the Key Club.

5:00 PM  
Blogger heatherpeggs said...

william beckett is so georgeous. but have you seen reeve carney?

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home