Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Top 10 Boys in Eyeliner

Rockstars have been wearing eyeliner since practically the beginning of music. David Bowie wore more than just eyeliner as did Motley Crue and the New York Dolls, who were all far from feminine. I don't know where the idea that makeup is only for women came from. I mean, if it makes girls hot, in theory it makes boys hot too. Here's some of my favorites:


10. Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day I chose Billie Joe as a hommage to my youth. He didn't always wear eyeliner. In fact, at one point he even had nappy dreadlocks. But he got older and wiser (and pehaps with a little encouragement from his equally hot wife) and he picked up the eyeliner. My favorite Green Day song: Basket Case. Ditto for favorite video, although Jesus of Suburbia gets an honorable mention for the hot guy in eyeliner who stars in it.





9. Bobby Alt of Street Drum Corps I don't know if I can actually qualify Bobby, but he's hot so he's on the list. I guess neon war paint and a mohawk is more than enough to float my boat and hopefully a lot of other peoples'. Plus he's an intense drummer and we all know what drummers are good for...(Go see SDC at Magic Mountain before the park closes for godd this summer!)





8. Matt Good of From First to Last Everytime I watch the Warped Tour reality show on Fuse I see FFTL and I'm sad because by the time I made it to Warped Tour, Sonny had discovered the nodules on his vocal chords. None the less, I enjoyed watching Matt put on slightly prettier war paint than the rest of the band.

















7. David Henry of American Eyes I went to high school with this hottie. He didn't wear the eyeliner back then, but I was pleasantly surprised to see him sporting the boy-friendly cosmetic when I ran into him years later. It doesn't hurt that he's a great front man, either. (American Eyes are playing with Street Drum Corps on August 18th at the Key Club in L.A. GO!)






6. Brendon of Panic! At the Disco All I have to say is just try watching a Panic! video without falling in love with Brendon. He's just so stylish and suave in the videos. Just don't call him the next Brandon Flowers! Brendon rocks the eyeliner! Favorite song and video: I Write Sins Not Tragedies (Someone get me into the L.A. show at the Wiltern or the Anaheim show!)

















5. Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance I can remember the exact moment I fell for Gerard. I was working at CMJ and Warner had a moniter across the room showcasing their bands' videos. I looked across the room and saw I'm Not Okay playing and in a weird twist I think I asked Sean Hart from Fuse (this is before Fuse even existed) who that beautiful boy was. I'm been smitten ever since. I can't wait to see My Chem at Street Scene! Two more weeks, baby!















4. Jared Leto of 30 Seconds to Mars I guess Mr. Leto doesn't wear the eyeliner so much anymore, but it was all over the first album. Cheers to his brother Shannon for keeping it on, though. My 30 Seconds break through: The Kill. It's on the radio a lot for a reason.

















3. wiL Francis of Aiden wiL is my new favorite crush. As I've said before, wiL is a cross between Carlos D and Corey Feldman. But, all the good parts! I'm so excited I finally got to see Aiden live. Seeing Aiden live is even better than looking at them in Alternative Press. I can't wait to see them play a whole show!






2. Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy Petey actually looks a little awkward in eyeliner, but that's why we love him, right? Honestly, I've always viewed Pete as my guilty pleasure. I've actually never meant to like Fall Out Boy and now he's number 2. Oh, well. Favorite song: Dance, Dance Favorite video: A Little Less 16 Candles P.S. I just turned on Fuse on and FOB is on. Creepy, but not too surprising....







1. Davey Havok of A.F.I. I'm sure no one's surprised that Davey is numero uno. Davey's been rocking the eyeliner practically his whole career. I'd even go so far as to say it's reached Bowie-esque proportions with the blue and the glitter. TWO MORE WEEKS! Who's coming to drool over Davey with me at Street Scene?


Well, that's my list and I'm sticking to it. I'm sure I left some hot guys out. Please feel free to comment and let me know! It's what I LIVE for!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home