Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Friday, June 30, 2006

That Leonard Cohen Movie

So, I went to a screening of Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man the other day. I'm just going to come right out and say it. It's not good. As most people living in the US, I too am a little guilty of ethnocentrism. I kind of forget that other countries have their own celebrities that we in the US know nothing about. Leonard Cohen is from Montreal. The movie, which also documents the Leonard Cohen tribute concert is full of Canadians I know nothing about. That's not to say there aren't peole in it that I do know of, Nick Cave was amazing as was Jarvis Cocker, but there were a bunch of people I knew nothing about and felt awkward watching. Then there was Bono and, I'm sorry, but Bono is so full of himself I can't watch him. Then to add insult to injury, U2 got to make two mini videos with Leonard Cohen. My recommendation is to wait for the video and fast forward through the performances and just watch the interviews with Leonard Cohen himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home