Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Not So Secret Machines

So, I decided to bite the bullet and go to The Secret Machines' instore at Amoeba last night. It was a decent show, all accoustic and very intimate. Though I have to admit, the boys looked kind of tired.
TSM and I go way back to my NYC days. They toured with Interpol when I was following them so I've seen TSM many times. I actually met Josh before that tour started. I guess you could say we had a thing, a VERY LITTLE thing. He was mainly kind of an ass, but I guess you could also say I like that, too. For example, when we met, he inadvertently called me fat. For some reason I decided to overlook that...
Anyway, I did talk to Josh after the show. I think he has some German girlfriend. Hmmmm, it's like Carlos' parents but reversed. It looks like Benjamin is still with the same girl from that other band whose name I can't seem to remember. Josh asked if I was coming to their show Thursday. I said I didn't know and he said, "You want me to hook you up, don't you?" I guess he's right. I'm still up in the air about it. I guess I'll call him tomorrow when I decide...



I swear this is the elevator in their old building.


Check out my friend Irene's website, Broken Calm for live shots of the performance.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Band's name = On Air Library (?)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Drunk Groupie said...

Thank you! Yes, I can be the Lazy Groupie sometimes.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home