Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

HardCore at Heart

I love advanced copies of albums. Especially when they're good.

I just got an advance of The Acacia Strain's upcoming release The Dead Walk. I had the car to myself so I decided to give it a listen on the way back from work. Boy did that bring me back. There was a point in my life when I worked at the Hot Topic in one of the epicenters of the Hardcore/Straightedge movement. (Does Strife ring a bell?) It was before Metal met Rap at a party, Rap smoked metal out, the straightedge was blown and NuMetal was born. Well, this album sounds just like that time period before Limp Bizkit ruined everything. It may be called Metalcore now, but the weight of the music really represents Hardcore. The booming voice throughout the entire album, the boom of the bass and the rapid fire drums brought me back to a simpler time. There was no fast and slow, no hardcore growl and then a metal whine, no radio hooks, just pure Hardcore. I love listening to hardcore because, well, I usually can't understand the lyrics, so it helps me to think and comtemplate life and stuff. It's honestly hard for me to judge a band like that without seeing them live. I really miss thoses shows, too... If you love HardCore like I do you might want to pick this album up when it drops on June 13th.




The Acacia Strain plays live:
(with Soilent Green, Demiricous)
6/10 Cleveland, OH – Peabody’s Downunder
6/11 Louisville, KY – Bulldog Café
6/12 St. Louis, MO – Creepy Crawl
6/13 Kansas City, MO – El Torreon
6/14 Denver, CO – Marquis Theatre
6/16 Orangevale, CA – The Boardwalk
6/17 Corona, CA – Showcase Theatre
6/18 San Diego, CA – Epicenter
6/20 West Hollywood, CA – Whiskey A Go Go
6/21 Tempe, AZ – The Clubhouse
6/23 Lubbock, TX – Winchester Pavillion
6/24 San Antonio, TX – White Rabbit
6/25 Dallas, TX – Gypsy Tea Room
6/26 Houston, TX – Java Jazz
6/27 Metairie, LA – The High Ground
6/29 Orlando, FL – Will’s Pub
6/30 West Palm Beach, FL – Ray’s Downtown
7/01 Jacksonville, FL - Thee Imperial
7/03 Wilmington, NC – Lucky’s Pub
7/05 Charlotte, NC – Casbah
7/06 Baltimore, MD – Otto Bar
7/07 Sterling, VA – Community Center

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home