Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Why Am I Stuck In LA?

This weekend was very low-key with everyone away at SXSW. I didn't even go out Friday and Satuday I just ended up at Vine Bar. My friend, Bunny, and I parked the car and had some Sofia Blanc de Blancs before we went into the bar. I was obssessed with the tiny, pink cans of "sparkling wine" that come with their own cute, pink straws. Unfortunately it wasn't that tasty and drinking it with the straws made me kind of nauseous. It was a little too fruity for my taste, but the convenience factor will probably get me to buy the pink drinks again. Plus, they are just too damn cute to resist. Drunk Groupies love champagne. Vine Bar wasn't too exciting. Bunny and I were champagne drunk when we went in and Bunny asked the door guy for her confiscated id back. (She had loaned it to someone last weekend) He actually gave it back to her! Hah! Then we were in the bathroom with Bob Dylan in the background. Bunny hates Bob Dylan. There happened to be a very nice, normal woman in the bathroom with us. "You don't like Bob Dylan?" she asks. Then I blurt out, "She just doesn't like Jews!" When I exited the stall Bunny says, "Do you realize you just told that woman I was anti-semetic?" We just laughed and my response was, "Well didn't she see you come in with a Jew?" I think we offened the nice, normal lady. There wasn't anyone interesting there really. Finally our friend Den shows up totally drunk as usual. He ended up hitting on the singer from the Donnas. And falling down a lot. No wonder his t-shirt line is called "Fuct." Bunny was about to get an important message about what to do next when her battery died. It kind of killed it because I was really in the mood for some party favors. Some really good party favors. Oh, well. It was fun, though. Around last call we took Den home and we all rode in the front of the truck, on the bench seat, trying not to crash the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home