Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Taste of Chaos is too Soon Here's my Preview

The Drunk Groupie’s Picks for Taste of Chaos
3/30/2006 @ Long Beach Arena

Once again it’s that pre-Warped Tour time of year and the same people that bring the Hot Topic set to hot pavements in the summer, draw the kids who like to keep their arms covered to Taste of Chaos. This year’s headliners are the Deftones, but the Drunk Groupie’s chosen her three personal must sees. For better or for worse, here they are:
1. Street Drum Corps: Basically they take Stomp to the “Hot Topic” level. These 3 Jersey dudes just like to bang on things. They won’t be dancing like the guys in Stomp, but I’m betting this show will be even better.
2. As I Lay Dying: I’m planning on asking all the band members if they’ve read the Faulkner book they took their name from. not that I care, I’m just excited that the kids are actually listening to and playing Metal again. And not that Nu Metal rap crap. Real metal. Like the kind we had in the 80’s. And not the hair kind, the good kind. (Plus they’re cute!)
3. American Eyes: They’re just cute. I can’t help it. And they are are so nice and sometimes that trumps everything else. Plus I like to watch all the chubby little Hot Topic goth girls drool over someone I went to high school with. It makes me feel important. Oh, and did I mention they’re cute?
Somehow, I doubt very many of the Record’s readers are actually going, but if you are, keep in mind, sometimes you gotta be cute to rock! And don’t forget to check out www.drunkgroupie.com for interviews with the bands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home