Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Saturday Night's All Right

Well, no one can call the Drunk Groupie a liar. I said I would be going to Vine Bar and indeed I did. Vine Bar seems to be the new Burgundy Room. The new indie rock and roll bar that's bound to be interesting. Well last night one of the guys from Queens of the Stone Age that's not Josh Homme was djing. We all know how much hipsters still love QOTSA. Of course Mr. Homme showed up. From the Wiltern VIP pass on him, it looks like he came from the Goldfrapp show. (Which I am so sad about missing!) This time Brody Dahlle was in tow. I have to give the guy props for not dating an emaciated, blonde model. Brody is all punk rock with maybe a little bit of Courtney Love in her. And I don't mean her singing voice. I was in the bathroom line behind her and her friend and her friend went in the stall and a couple seconds later she pulled Brody in with her. Hmmmm... I'm not going to make any assumptions, but I know why I go into bathroom stalls with my friends. So, I'm quickly getting more drunk, and the bar is quickly filling up. I'm at the bar looking up at the DJ booth when I spot someone who looks just like Meg White. I thought I must've been wasted because I have no idea why Meg White was there, but it was, in fact, Meg White. The Drunk Groupie was definintly living up the her reputation. I saw Norman Reedus at the bar and once again, I thought my eyes must be playing tricks on me. I haven't seen him since I moved back from NYC. A sure way to tell if someone is drunk is to see how forthcoming she can be. As the Boondock Saints star and Helena Christianson baby daddy walked by me, I pulled him aside and to remind him that we met in NYC and he knows some of my friends. He invited me upstairs, but I was waiting for a friend and when we went up the gross smoking room, it was way to dark to see anyone and when I finally found him he was on his way out. At that point, I was way too wasted to stay at the bar. As I was walking outside I caught a final glimpse of Josh Homme with Brody hanging all over him, but when we drove by, he was chatting up some other bird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home