Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Making Up For Lost Time

Weekend Recap:

Friday: The 69 Eyes @ The Whiskey 3/24/06

Bam Margera generally has pretty good taste in music. As much as I hate to say it. The 69 Eyes are an awesome band from Helsinki, somewhere between Turbonegro and HIM. I have to admit, I was a little scared when Bam introduced the band and I looked over and saw Carson Daly hanging out, but the 69 Eyes ruled. They have a sense of theatrics that most bands from that part of the world have (see Turbonegro and HIM) and no American band has attempted since the last wave of goth ended. Being a huge Christian Death fan, I was super excited when The 69 Eyes dedicated one of their songs to Christian Death. Especially since the singer sounds just like Roz Williams. The crowd was mostly younger kids, who were very excited to have Bam introduce one of their favorite bands. I'm always happy to see a new genration of eyeliner wearing boys. I bet they get all the cute goth girls. It was also cool to see some of the older kids from the old scene out rocking to a new generation of Death Rock. How can anyone resist a band that sings a song called "Goth Girl"? Not even Carson Daly.

Saturday: Jane Magazine/Keds Party @ Tropicana @ the Roosevelt Hotel 3/25/06

I know that party, hosted by Mischa Barton, has nothing to do with Metal, but it was fun and it's good gossip fodder. When Bunny and I first got there the first people we see are Ryan Cabrerra, with one of the Veronicas, valet parking his Porsche. At least he had a hat on. I don't know how I'd have reacted to the hair. First of all they had one of the best gift bags I've seen in a long time. Two pairs of free shoes, a t-shirt, 2 cds, and Jane Magazine. Thank you Keds and Jane. And if that wasn't enough, they had a totally open bar, which we totally took of advantage of with shots of Patron. The Veronicas played an accoustic set. They're pretty cute and they actually sing, which I can appreciate. We didn't see Mischa Barton until right before we left. She was with some beefhead. I don't really keep up on the gossip about her so I don't know who he was. While we were the we also got a call from one of out friends regarding Max Perlich and Tom Siezmore. Weirdness. And this was all before 9pm.

So, the party ended at nine and we were already totally wasted. We had to go to Beauty Bar to see our friend for his birthday. While we were walking down the street, we apparently walked by Ryan Dunn, who Bunny claims was totally checking me out. I wish. Not because I actually like him (although I do like dirty guys with beards and long hair) but because I totally want to ride in his Trans Am. I love TA's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home