Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I <3 Pearl Jam

I know I'm really going to be dating myself by admitting I remember when Ten was released. Oh well. I loved that album. Not as much as Nevermind or Dirt, but it got it's fair share of play on my stereo. Well, by Vs I was over it. A couple of years ago I tried listening to those live Pearl Jam albums, but I still wasn't really into it. For some reason I have always thought of Pearl Jam as a really important band. Eddie Vedder's politics aside, Pearl Jam made and impact on music history. I just couldn't get myself to like anything past Ten. Then I heard "Worldwide Suicide," their new single. I can tell you based off that song, I will listen to the rest of that album. It's just far enough from grunge, yet still close to their roots to peak my interest. I'm very excited.

Hmmm, what else have I got? I actually got the new Sounds album like two weeks ago. Pretty disappointing. Especially since I loved, loved, loved the first album. The songs all kind of sound alike on this one. I'm kind of over Nordic Pop anyway. Maybe it's because I'm too into metal at the moment. Damone's EP was in the same package. Meh. At least it was rock. It was kind of fun. I don't think I'll be playing it much, though. I'm looking forward to getting the Hellacopter's and Nebula's latest albums in the mail sometime this week.

I still have a couple of things in the works. If anyone cares, it looks like I'll probably be back at Vine Bar this Saturday. It's kind of starting to remind me of NYC. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home