Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I <3 Andrew WK!

Okay, so like 3 or 4 years ago, right before I moved to NYC I was OBSESSED with Andrew WK. If you don't believe me just look at this: MY AWK FAN SITE Crazy, right? Anyway, he's putting out a live DVD and doing some screenings. The screening here (in LA) is on April 5th at the Knitting Factory. So, being the Drunk Groupie, I wrote to ask for an interview. I couldn't resist. HE TOTALLY SAW MY LAME FAN SITE! Which is a good and bad thing. It got his attention, but I have a secret. I've actually re-met Andrew in NYC with Matt Sweeny (he was in Zwan and Chavez and lots of other bands). He didn't know I was a fan. It's not like I was obvious, I had to be sly because I would have looked like a total ass if I had said anything. Especially considering it was outside of Max Fish. It was kind of weird. Okay, I should just get over it. I don't know what to do, though! Should I say something?

Moving on, I received the Nebula and Hellacopters new cds today. I'm listening to Nebula right now. It's pretty rockin'. I could definintly have a good time at this show. I've been into the Hellacopters for several years now, so I know their cd will be good. I'll probably do a proper review tomorrow night. I'll listen to them on the way home from work tomorrow.

I don't know if I mentioned, but I got Street Drum Corps' album the other day. Some mighty good stuff. I love drummers, so essentially a band that's all drummers really kind of turns me on. It's something different, but also something that fits in with the Taste of Chaos tour. DJ Lethal (House of Pain) produced their album, so it's got sort of a hip hop edge, but not so much that it has to be lumped with Nu Metal. Thank god. Cause they are really kind of cute. Adam is actually in a band called Circus Minor with two guys I went to high school with. Weird. Anyways, I really, really, really want to see them live. They must be so amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home