Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Groupie Update

Well, I've never made any claim to be a good blogger. And for that reason, I have several things to discuss:

1. Jared Leto is fat now.

30 Seconds to Mars update e-mail:

Due to an unfortunate accident this morning, we regret to inform you that we will have to re-schedule the first two shows of the tour to a later date...

Our beloved bassist Matthew Walter Wachter, cut his finger to the bone requiring a visit to the hospital... He will be just fine, but needs a little extra time to heal....

On a side note our favorite lead singer just finished shooting on thursday night and has started a fast to help him lose the 62 lbs he gained for his role in the film "Chapter 27"... While we were resting, rehearsing and preparing for Forever Night Never Days, Jared was force feeding himself and transforming into Mark David Chapman, John Lennons killer. Now that the film is completed we are all together preparing for what will be an amazing next few months...

We are so excited to see you all again very soon. This tour is going to be unforgettable!!!

Note: It says Jared Leto GAINED 62 LBS for the John Lennon movie! Oh my god. If anyone has fat Jared Leto pictures please let me link them to my blog! I am dying to see this tour just to see if he managed to lose all the weight without becoming another Rene Zellweger and totally going overboard. It does say he's been fasting in order to lose weight afterall.

2. My Chem is recording in LA!

In an update e-mail from My Chem:

Plus, when you pre-order, you're automatically entered to win a trip LA for you and a friend (or parent) to hang out with My Chemical Romance while they are recording their new albuy for a dat this May. No foolin'.

I know what I'm doing in May! If anyone spots Gerard and company please, please, please let me know. I need to make contact!

3. American Eyes on Steven's Untitled Rock Show

I'm actually sitting here watching this right now. Since it's Taste of Chaos Weekend, this show will be on all weekend. And I'm not one to hide the fact that I love seeing people I know on TV so I can talk about it. I went to high school with David and if you watch he actually admits he's from Agoura. It's awesome. He's a really sweet and talented guy. He deserves the attention. He asked me to come down to be in the Radio video, but watching it, I would have been like the oldest kid there. And that's just too weird to me. I can't wait to hang out with American Eyes when they get back!

4. AFI is playing Warped Tour?!?

I thought I would be proactive and take a look at the Warped Tour web site to see who's playing. Evidently AFI has been confirmed. Oh man. I need to get in to this one even worse than last year when My Chem played. Anyone know anyone who can get me into this one? I work for a legitimate publication. I swear!

5. Metal is the new Punk

This just in. As I Lay Dying confirms that Metal is the new Punk and it's taking over San Diego. Anyone up for a road trip? I need to check this out.


I guess that's about it for now. I'm thinking about going to Himsa tomorrow, but I can't decide. You'll hear if I do, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home