Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Oh How I Have Missed Thee My Lovely Prog Rock!

Go to this:

Wolfmother- Spaceland 2/13/06

I have a theory that all things Australian are good. They have cute guys, cute accents and El Caminos. So far my friends have disproved my theory by pointing out Silverchair (whom I personally like) and the Vines. I usually counter with AC/DC. I’m hoping Wolfmother will get me two and two. From what I’ve heard so far, Wolfmother has a solid bluesy prog-rock sound. It’s kind of like if you gave a kid some Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd Records, threw in some White Stripes and The Sights and then asked the kid to start a band. Or maybe if you mix Detroit with Los Angeles you get Australian? Wolfmother came to LA in may 2005 to record their debut album; the studios they recorded in housed the ghosts of Pink Floyd’s The Wall and Nirvana’s Nevermind. Hopefully what’s translated to pretty solid sound will be even stronger live. I’m especially curious to see them live because I can’t decide if the singer sounds more like Robert Plant or Jack White and I really need that mystery solved. Plus, there’s nothing I like better than seeing a good prog-rock band live and I haven’t heard a prog rock band with a sound that heavy since I followed the Secret Machines around.


Kanye report:
Well, Kanye didn't exactly work out like I had hoped. Apparenty I'm not as important as Tom Cruise! Honestly, if he was there, they're lucky I didn't go. I really dislike Tom Cruise. I'm glad I liked Michelle Williams better than Katie Holmes. Take that, Joey! Jen has an Oscar nomination! And a sane boyfriend/baby daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home