Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Monday, January 16, 2006

I Am Living Things Biggest Fan!

On Wednesday 1/18/2006 at Spaceland:

I know saying a band has made several “top records of the year” lists will probably make all you hipsters turn and run the other way. DON’T DO IT! There is something undeniably sexy and listenable about Living Things. Just pretend for a second that you are not too cool to see a band that had buzz for two years before they even released a record. If it helps, I’ve only heard their single Bom Bom Bom on Indie 103, not KROQ. And I swear to god they don’t sound anything like the new (boring) British Invasion bands. No Kaiser Cheifs or Libertines here! Lillian and Eve Berlin are two of the sexiest guys in rock today. The last time I saw this band singer Lillian Berlin came out wearing a skintight, white leather getup. Yes, I know how hokey that sounds, but it was pure Mick Jaggar and young Elvis. He’s also got the perfect combination of intensity and accessibility. He does more than just woo a crowd. He grabs them by the hair and passionately makes out with them. I’ve presented my case. Decide for your self if the hype is worth the ticket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home