Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

I Don't Like the Libertines

The Cribs 11/30/2005 Spaceland


I’m so over the UK. THERE IS NO NEXT BIG UK BAND! The Cribs are not the next big UK band. They are one of any number of British bands that all sound alike and all get drunk and are unintelligible when they speak. And these guys aren’t even cute. The only remotely amusing part was the drummer with ADD who couldn’t sit still and kept getting on top of the drum kit like a monkey. They sound just like the Libertines and I’ve already seen the Libertines and that’s when Doherty was still in the band and it was in a really small club and I still walked out. Needless to say I spent the better part of the night complaining about the Libertines, which is kind of funny because after the band played we went into the backroom and who was there but Carl Barat and company hanging out. It was all I could do to keep myself from going up to him and asking him how it feels to have kicked the junkie out of the band, but the junkie’s still way more popular than him and he gets to bang Kate Moss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home