Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Surreal Life

Last night started out pretty unexciting. If fact, it didn't end up all that exciting either.

I was supposed to be guestlisted for the Kills show through my internship from back in New York. Turns out their contract with She Wants Revenge was pushed back and they didn't feel the need to tell me. Well, I hope they realize how bad their reputation is in LA and there's a reason they lost that contract.

Apparently Living Things are moving to LA in October. They have a contract with that certain marketing company. Hopefully they'll see how much of the country that company ignores and the record label will find another marketing company. And hopefully I'll meet those hotties and stir up some trouble! Maybe I can get a job working for Lillian's wife Floria Sigismondi.

After we drove all the way to the El Rey we were pretty pissed. We decided we may as well go down to the Cahuenga Corridor. We were sitting at Burgundy Room with nothing to do, so I decided I should text message David from American Eyes. I guess it's just hit or miss with him. Sometimes he'll message me back other times he'll just say he's no good with the phone... Argh. Boys.

Burgandy Room was boring so we went to Beauty Bar to say hi to Apollo and see what was going on there. Nothing. As usual. I ran into an ex-whatever in the back room and he informed me that he had just spotted Johnny Knoxville walking down the street. So after pretending not to care, what did Bunny and I do? Ran to the Burgundy Room, of course!

Mr. Knoxville was there. He was pretty animated and seemed to like the music A LOT. Apparently there were other members of the Jackass gang hanging out. Bunny didn't share until we were on our way back to Beauty Bar. By the time we got back to Burgundy Room they were gone. This Drunk Groupie was pissed. I wanted some Bam Margera action to blog about!

After I calmed down, we went back to Beauty Bar because at least they had a working bathroom. Turns out the Jackasses decided to go there too. I was pretty disappointed by them. Bam Margera was pretty sedate and he was with some unattractive blond girl. Boy does he have terrible taste in women. Chris "Party Boy" Pontius was pretty damn boring, too. Where's the metallic bikini underwear? I don't know what's worse, the annoying Japan scene in Jackass the movie or the hideous way he dresses when he's not being annoying. Seriously, what did I expect? Not that Johnny Knoxville is exactly a class act, but at least he's good looking. Look out. Apparently they gave Ryan Dunn his own show, too. WTF, MTV?

The moral of the story is, if a guy is or was on a show called Jackass. That's exactly what he is. Unfortunately, MTV likes to give Jackasses TV shows. I guess we're fucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home