Hottopic.com - Everything about the music!
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock at Hot Topic!

Monday, August 29, 2005

VMA's Proves Mtv Still Sucks

She said "sucks." Hehehehe. That was by far one of the highlights, in a show practically made up of low points, last night at the Mtv Video Music Awards, the not so triumphant return of Beavis and Butthead. Word is not everyone thinks they're as funny as I do.

Honestly, I didn't watch the whole show. (HBO Sundays! Let's hug it out bitch!) Although, I can't say I'm sorry and I doubt I'll be watching the whole thing anytime soon. Mtv has the whole thing online cut up so one can watch whatever they want.

Two out the three performances I caught I changed the channel to Fuse. First was disaster Mariah Carey. I watched long enough to see if maybe her boobs would fall out of her dress or something, but you could tell she was thinking the same thing because it made her performance look even more awkward than the hideous dress she was wearing.

Next abomination I saw was 50 Cent. I know I'm going to hell for this, but the dude looks like he belongs in the Special Olympics. I know he's gotten shot in the face 7 times, blah, blah, blah... I just don't care. If I don't have to look at him I can maybe enjoy his music. I don't even want to think about that movie he's in, I think I'll have to shoot myself in the face before I see that disaster when it comes out. Thanks a lot Eminem! And to think I actually liked you.

Kelly Clarkson was awesome. There were a couple of technical difficulties with her finale performance, but that girl kicks ass. She may not be at that Gwen Stefani level, but give her 10 years and maybe she'll grow into herself. I am no longer ashamed to covet her album. I'm definitely buying it after I get paid.

Listening to Kevin and Bean this morning I heard about a couple of horrifying incidents I may have to go back and watch. First, that R. Kelly thing. Whoa. What is wrong with that guy? I think he's actually dying to come "out of the closet." After all that's where he's stuck. Kevin and Bean also played the Hillary Duff/Joel Madden Killers intro. I know it was pre-written, but I want to kick her. I hope you're thoroughly embarrassed Joel. Maybe her acting's not as good as her singing, eh buddy?

I'll probably go back and watch My Chemical Romance's performance and Green Day's opener. I'm sure they're the only truly hope inspiring things of the whole show, which hasn't been cool since 1992/93 anyway. Screw you, Mtv. I'm over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home